Completing the online recruitment application
Do I need to install any software to complete the online recruitment application?
You do not need to install any software or programs to complete the online recruitment application. The application is completely web-based. All you need is a computer or a mobile device, an Internet connection and a web browser.
If your browser does not meet the minimum browser requirements, you may need to download a more current browser version or modify your browser’s settings.
The following requirements apply to computer workstations, laptops and other mobile devices:
- Cookies: To ensure that you are identified during your online session, you should check that cookies are enabled in your browser settings.
When you access the census website, a test will be done automatically to verify that your computer and browser meet the minimum requirements. If the requirements are not met, you will be provided with instructions on how to upgrade or modify your browser.
What are the minimum browser requirements?
- Internet Explorer (IE) 10 or 11
- Edge (Windows 10 only)
- Chrome 84.0.4147 (or higher)
- Firefox 78 (or higher)
- Safari 13.1 (or higher)
It is recommended that the latest browsers be used since they will have the most up-to-date security features.
Can I complete my online application if I do not have a computer?
An online application can be completed by using a computer or a mobile device, such as a laptop, tablet or cell phone. The device can be your own or someone else’s, in a library, at work, at home or elsewhere.
When can I complete the online recruitment application?
The website and application are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, except during maintenance periods.
I do not have all the information required to answer the questions. Can I save the answers I have already entered and complete the online recruitment application later?
No. This application does not have a save feature.
Can I print the application?
No. The online recruitment application does not provide the option to print.
How can I be sure the census website is legitimate?
A legitimate Government of Canada website can be identified in several ways. When completing your online recruitment application, look for these features:
- The site URL in the browser address bar should end with “.gc.ca”. This suffix is a privately held second-level domain in the “.ca” top-level domain. It is used by the Government of Canada and operated by Government Telecommunications and Informatics Services.
- On census website, you will be presented with an “Apply now” button. Once you use this button, you will notice the URL in the browser address bar change to https://surveys-enquetes.statcan.gc.ca/cap-par/en/OLRA.
- The security certificate is provided by Entrust and clearly identifies Statistics Canada as the owner of the site.