What do I do if I get the message “Connection timed out” or “Page not available”?
Here are some suggestions of what to do if you get one of the above messages:
- Ensure that your browser is set to accept cookies.
- Clear your cache.
- Ensure that all firewalls, external or other, allow for file uploads.
- If you have a router, ensure that it allows file uploads and that the maximum transmission unit is set to 1452 (note: this number may need to be adjusted depending on the operating system).
- Try another browser.
- Ensure that you do not have a virus that is preventing you from connecting.
- If all else fails, try another computer or mobile device.
If you are using a computer connected to a local area network (LAN), such as a computer at work, the security settings on that computer could be preventing you from accessing the online recruitment application. Try a computer or mobile device at home or a computer not connected to a LAN.
What do I do if I can’t get into the online recruitment application?
If you receive a message stating that your computer, mobile device or browser does not meet the minimum requirements, you will be instructed to upgrade or modify your browser so you can successfully access the secure site.
If your computer, mobile device or browser settings meet the minimum requirements, but the site is not accessible because of technical difficulties or too much traffic, please wait a few hours and try again.
Why isn’t the online recruitment application being displayed properly?
The screen resolution on your computer or laptop should not be lower than 800 x 600.
How long can I leave my partly completed application unattended before my session times out?
For security reasons, if a screen is inactive for more than 45 minutes or if you close your Internet browser, your session will time out. You will receive a warning after 40 minutes indicating that your session will time out in 5 minutes. To continue your session and avoid losing information, use the “Stay Logged In” button.
Once your session times out, any information entered will be lost.