- How do I complete an electronic questionnaire?
- Do I need to install any software?
- What if I don’t have a home computer? Are there other ways I can complete an online questionnaire?
- When can I respond to the electronic questionnaire?
- What is the deadline to send my completed electronic questionnaire to Statistics Canada?
- I do not have all the information required to answer the questions. Can I save the answers I’ve already entered and complete the questionnaire later?
- How much time is required to complete the electronic questionnaire?
- Can I print the questionnaire?
- What happens to the completed questionnaire after I submit it?
- How do I know that you have received my electronic questionnaire?
Completing an electronic questionnaire is easy. Follow the instructions below:
- Access the questionnaire as instructed.
- Begin answering the questions. Use the navigation buttons Next and Previous to move forward or backward through the questionnaire.
- Press the Submit button at the end of the questionnaire to submit the completed questionnaire to Statistics Canada.
No. One important advantage of Statistics Canada’s electronic collection service is that respondents do not need to install any software or programs to complete an online questionnaire. The service is completely Web-based, so all that is required is a computer and an Internet connection.
You could use a computer at a library or at work (if your employer permits it), or one belonging to a friend or relative. The only restriction is that the computer must have the minimum security features. These are:
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) must be enabled
- Cookies must be enabled
The above settings also apply to computer tablets.
If the computer you are using does not allow you to proceed, please contact our technical support line at: 1-877-949-9492.
The website and questionnaire are available 24 hours a day, except during maintenance periods.
To find out the collection end date:
- visit the Statistics Canada website www.statcan.gc.ca/survey and look up the name of the survey in the list of current surveys.
The save feature is not available for this questionnaire.
The time required to complete a questionnaire is different for every survey. Once you start to fill out the questionnaire, the progress bar in the top right corner will give you an indication of your completion rate.
The option to print is not available for all surveys. For some surveys, it is only possible to print a blank copy of the questionnaire before you complete it electronically. For other surveys, the questionnaire can be viewed and printed after you have submitted it.
The completed electronic questionnaires are sent in encrypted format directly to Statistics Canada’s headquarters in Ottawa. Encryption, or encoding, ensures that only Statistics Canada employees can access the files. The information from the questionnaires is then transferred to a separate Statistics Canada computer network that is not connected to any outside network. Only authorized Statistics Canada employees have access to information from electronic questionnaires.
Upon submission of your electronic questionnaire, you will receive a confirmation code on your screen, indicating that we have received it. We recommend that you keep a copy of the confirmation page for your records.